The Acton Market Reduce and Recycle hub monthly returns on Saturday 3rd June. Once again bringing the Mount alive in Acton with lots of great organisations and businesses coming along on to help people in Acton to #reduce, #reuse and #recycle.
Mary Horesh, Acton Market Reduce and Recycle Hub manager hopes that the hub will get us all reducing and recycling our waste. “We all have a role to play in to help save the worlds natural resources. ” So come along and join in, it will save you money, time and feel good.
At our monthly hub at MarketW3 you can:
Bring along your old and unloved:
- Clothing, Shoes, Small electrical appliances for donation to TRAID www.traid.org.uk
- Laptops for donation to the Fixing Factory www.fixingfactory.org
- Pens and writing instruments
- Toothbrushes and other dental items
- Learning to fix your Clothes with Ealing Repair Café www.ealingrepaircafe.org
- Get your Bikes checked with Dr Bike (2 pm-5 pm)
- Drop of your tools for sharpening (paid) with Renew Sharpening Service or speak to them about their services
- Shop at our pre-loved traders or with our stall holders many who sell returns and seconds from the high street at a reduced price choose from sportswear, womenswear and menswear.
- Book Swap – Bring a book and take a book, with Churchfield Community Association!
AND there’s more: Our tasty local foodie stalls will be onsite so you can sample the flavours of Ghana, India and Lebanon.
So, come along and grab a bargain, knowing you will be helping reducing waste as well as saving money.
For more information and links to our hub stall holders visit Reduce and Recycle hub.
The next date for the Reduce and Recycle hub:
- Saturday 8th July
Reduce and Recycle Hub successes
At the Reduce and Recycle hub we have so far:
- 284 kg of unwanted clothes and shoes saved from landfill by Traid, which reduced carbon emissions (CO2) by 2.83 tonnes and water savings of 450.7m3.
- 96.2 kgs of small electrical items collected which will be recycled.
If your organisation, community group or as a trader are interested in getting a stall or can volunteer to help run some of the activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.