We are back for 2024 for a busy Reduce and Recycle hub at Acton Market on Saturday 3rd February and for our first event of 2024. Our hub will be at the market with lots of great organisations and businesses that help people in Acton to reduce, reuse and recycle.
At our monthly Reduce and Recycle hub at MarketW3 you can:
Bring along your old and unloved:
- Clothing, Shoes and accessories for donation to TRAID www.traid.org.uk/wlwa
- Small electrical appliances (must be small – they should be small enough to fit in a shopping bag) for donation to TRAID, see details www.traid.org.uk
- Recycling and waste advice from Juliet at Recycle Challenge from ActforEaling
- Learning to fix your Clothes with Ealing Repair Café www.ealingrepaircafe.org
- Getting your Garden and Kitchen tools sharpened by RenewSharpening
- Get your Bikes checked with Dr Bike (2 pm-5 pm) https://www.ealing.gov.uk/info/201176/cycling/3025/cycle_training_and_dr_bike_cycle_maintenance
- Book Swap – Bring a book and take a book, with Churchfield Community Association
- Borrow from Hammersmith Library of Things. Find out more from 10am -12 pm and book online their brilliant items for hire.
- Shop at our pre-loved traders or with our stall holders many who sell returns and seconds from the high street at a reduced price choose from sportswear, womenswear and menswear.
Plus there’s more: Our tasty local foodie stalls will be onsite so you can sample the flavours of Ghana, India and Lebanon.
Reduce and Recycle Activities and Special Guests
Come and join us and our friends and special guests:
- Ealing Repair Cafe will be providing materials for anyone who wants to come along and make a free draft excluder. Draft Excluders are great for keeping the warm in and heating bills low. The team will be helping anyone who wants to come along and make one. (10am to 4pm)
- Bring Library of Things to Ealing will be on site from 10am to 12pm on how we help bring local Library of Things to the Ealing Borough – https://www.libraryofthings.co.uk/heatmap/ealing
- Mindfood run events and courses that teach food-growing to connect people with nature and their community, and share practical techniques to nurture better mental health. So if you yourself or know anyone who may need help with stress, depression, anxiety or isolation get in touch. They run sessions 6 days a week and also run art sessions and garden diy groups, see Latest Courses. At the Reduce and Recycle hub Mindfood will have some seeds to share, and you can try your hand at some seed-sowing ready for our schools veg plant giveaway on April 20th.
- Cultivate London will be on site to share information about their Acton Green composting project – and how you can get involved https://www.spacehive.com/acton-green-waste-solutions
- Get your garden tools, or kitchen tools or scissors sharpened with Renew Sharpening Services by dropping them off and get a quote https://renewsharpening.co.uk/
So, come along and grab a bargain, knowing you will be helping reducing waste as well as saving money.
For more information and links to our hub stall holders visit Reduce and Recycle hub.
Reduce and Recycle Hub successes
At the Reduce and Recycle hub see our Reduce and Recycle Hub 2023 review and so far we have achieved:
- 578kg of unwanted clothes and shoes saved from landfill by Traid, which reduced carbon emissions (CO2) by 8.40 tonnes and water savings of 711m3.
- 158 kgs of small electrical items collected which will be recycled.
If your organisation, community group or as a trader are interested in getting a stall or can volunteer to help run some of the activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.