Reduce and Recycle hub
The Reduce and Recycle hub is a lottery funded project and our aim for this monthly event is to help local residents Reduce and Recycle. The hub usually runs on the first Saturday of the month alongside Acton Saturday MarketW3. We want to encourage residents to think about what they consume, and start using and wearing items for as longer, reduce how much they waste, reuse items more and when they no longer need them, recycle them.
At our monthly hubs we gather together lots of great organisations and businesses that help people to reduce, reuse and recycle.
When and Where
The Reduce and Recycle Hubs are held on the first Saturday of every month, on the Mount in Acton, Outside of Morrisons, in Acton MarketW3.
Check out who is attending taking part at our next event here
What Happens at each event
Our Reduce and Recycle hubs are promoting reducing waste and circular economy, so at each event we encourage you to:
RECYCLE by bringing along you old or unloved
- Clothing and Shoes
- Small electrical appliances
- Toothbrushes and other dental care items, see full list https://www.terracycle.com/en-GB/brigades/philips-uk
- Felt Pens and writing instruments, see full list https://www.terracycle.com/en-GB/brigades/bic-uk
- Learning to fix your Clothes with Ealing Repair Cafe
- Getting your Garden and Kitchen tools sharpened by RenewSharpening
- Getting your Bikes checked with Dr Bike (2 pm-5 pm) https://www.ealing.gov.uk/info/201176/cycling/3025/cycle_training_and_dr_bike_cycle_maintenance
- Shop with our pre loved traders or with many of our stall holders who sell returns and seconds from the high street at a reduced price from sportswear, womenswear and menswear.
- So come along and grab a bargain, knowing you will be helping reducing waste as well as saving money.
Since the hubs began in October 2022 we have saved:
- Saved 122kg of unwanted clothes and shoes from going to landfill
- Collected 43kgs of small electrical items for recycling
- Reduced carbon emissions (CO2) by 1.15 tonnes
- Helped save 199m3 of Water
- Taught Clothes Repair
- Repaired kitchen and garden tools
- Promoted watch repair services on site
- Promoted clothing traders onsite selling, returns , seconds and preloved accessories
You can view our project presentation here for more information on our achievements to date
How you can get involved
If you are interested in finding out about our next event sign up for our newsletter here
If you are interested in trading your product or service at the hub apply here
If you would like to Volunteer to support the hub – please visit here