The Acton Market monthly, Reduce and Recycle hub returns on Saturday 2nd December for a Festive Edition of the popular event. Our hub will be at the market with lots of great organisations and businesses there to help people in Acton to reduce, reuse and recycle.
At our monthly Reduce and Recycle hub at MarketW3 you can:
Bring along your old and unloved:
- Clothing, Shoes, Small electrical appliances for donation to TRAID www.traid.org.uk
- Laptops for donation
- Pens and writing instruments
- Toothbrushes and other dental items
- Learning to fix your Clothes with Ealing Repair Café www.ealingrepaircafe.org
- Get your Bikes checked with Dr Bike (2 pm-5 pm)
- Shop at our pre-loved traders or with our stall holders many who sell returns and seconds from the high street at a reduced price choose from sportswear, womenswear and menswear.
- Book Swap – Bring a book and take a book, with Churchfield Community Association
- Find out how to make draft excluders to keep the warmth in and and heating bills lower!
Plus there’s more: Our tasty local foodie stalls will be onsite so you can sample the flavours of Ghana, India and Lebanon.
Festive Reduce and Recycle Activities
Come and join our friends from Ealing Repair Cafe and let them help you with our Free Workshops
- They will be providing materials for anyone who wants to come along and make a free draft excluder. Draft Excluders are great for keeping the warm in and heating bills low. The team will be helping anyone who wants to come along and make one.
- As it will officially be festive season, the team will also be helping anyone who wants to come along and upcycle their Christmas jumper or who wants to take an old jumper and turn it into a Christmas piece. We also have donation of clean second hand jumpers for anyone who doesn’t have a jumper to decorate but wants to have a go!
All our festive workshops at the market are free!
So, come along and grab a bargain, knowing you will be helping reducing waste as well as saving money.
For more information and links to our hub stall holders visit Reduce and Recycle hub.
Reduce and Recycle Hub successes
At the Reduce and Recycle hub we have so far:
- 447kg of unwanted clothes and shoes saved from landfill by Traid, which reduced carbon emissions (CO2) by 8.40 tonnes and water savings of 711m3.
- 138 kgs of small electrical items collected which will be recycled.
If your organisation, community group or as a trader are interested in getting a stall or can volunteer to help run some of the activities, please email email@example.com.