The monthly, Acton Market Reduce and Recycle Hub returns on Saturday 1st April for its 6th event.
In our first 6 months of the Reduce and Recycle hub we have achieved the following;
- Saved 220kg of unwanted clothes and shoes from landfill with Traid
- Reduced carbon emissions (CO2) by 2.02 tonnes and saved water savings of 348m3.
- 74 kgs of small electrical items collected which will be recycled.
- Repaired more than 20 items of clothing
- Repaired more than 35 kitchen and garden tools.
- Rehomed over 100 fiction and non-fiction books
- Taught clothes repair, upcycling and yarn making
At our monthly hubs at MarketW3 we want you to:
Bring along your old and unloved:
- Clothing, Shoes, Small electrical appliances for donation to TRAID www.traid.org.uk
- Laptops for donation to the Fixing Factory www.fixingfactory.org
- Pens and writing instruments
- Toothbrushes and other dental items
- Increase your household recycling with tips from ActforEaling – www.actforealing.org
- Learn to fix your Clothes with Ealing Repair Café www.ealingrepaircafe.org
- Get your Bikes checked with Dr Bike (2pm – 5pm)
- Drop of your tools for sharpening (paid) with Renew Sharpening Service or speak to them about their services
- Shop at our pre-loved traders or with our stall holders many who sell returns and seconds from the high street at a reduced price choose from sportswear, womenswear and menswear.
- Book Swap – Bring a book and take a book, with Churchfield Association!
The dates for the next Reduce and Recycle hub are:
- Saturday 3rd June
- Saturday 1st July
- Saturday 5th August
At every Saturday market we also have our regular traders , many of whom retail fashion seconds and returns as well as our tasty foodie stalls where you can sample the flavours of Ghana, India, Mexico and Lebanon.
So, come along and grab a bite to eat and a bargain, knowing you will be helping reducing waste as well as saving money.
For more information and links to our hub stall holders visit:
If your organisation, community group or as a trader are interested in getting a stall or can volunteer to help run some of the activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.